Saturday, August 27, 2011

Our week...we made it.

On Sunday night, I set my alarm for the first time since Daniel's last day of school in June.  True story.
I started back to work after four months of maternity leave bright and early Monday morning.  I am so grateful that I got to spend the first 16 weeks of Joel's life at home with him...and being with both boys all summer could not have been better!
Daniel started his first day of fourth grade in a new school & he not only survived it...he loves it, loves his teacher, and loves that he gets to eat lunch with friends from other classes. He had the BEST first day of school he's ever had.  Praise the Lord!!!  This is a true answer to our prayers!  Let's hope this continues as the homework begins next week ;)
It seems like he grew up overnight :/
We love the new backpack :)
First grade
Second grade
Third grade
Joel made it through his first full week at the babysitter...He did okay, but a few of the days I got reports that his day "wasn't so great" or "could have been better."  That is not what I want to hear after leaving him for eight hours.  But...what matters is that he is happy when we get home.  This whole getting up at 6:00 and being apart all day is for the birds, let me tell you.  It will take some adjusting for all of us!
Coming home to this smile makes me happy :)
Cuddly after his bath :)
I made it through two full days with my new kids.  I tend to forget just how needy a group of incoming five-year-olds are...until the very first day!  I was completely worn out when I got home Thursday night!  
"Hey teacher, when's lunch?"
"Can I get a drink?"
"I have to go to the bathroom"
"Can you tie my shoe?"
"I don't know how to write my name but I'll try." (from one of the cutest blue-eyed boys you've ever seen)...and try he did!  This is the first year since I started teaching that everyone could write their names on the first day of school.  Many of them have really neat personalities, and I'm looking forward to a good year!
Yesterday was much more relaxed...most of them remembered their morning jobs and how to "listen with their whole bodies" (from a new monster behavior plan I started...they love it and so do I)!
I wasn't quite as exhausted last night, but I'm so thankful the weekend is here.  We're awaiting the arrival of Irene and relaxing at home.  Have a great weekend...I'm spending mine with these guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment