Shutterfly

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

all-time family favorite...

~ Link up over at Kelly's Korner - Show Us Your Life: Favorite Holiday Recipes ~ and Tasty Tuesday ~
Hopefully I will have a picture to share after next week, but as of right now, I haven't bought the ingredients for this family favorite yet. Ingredients have been purchased & I'm ready to make these...just imagine that the picture is facing the right direction - I have uploaded it at least six times, and cannot get it to rotate!!!   :/
Yes, it's that simple :)
Canapes
1 loaf cocktail bread {found in the supermarket deli near the bagel chips & pita bread...we use pumpernickel or rye}
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 T mayo
1/2 c. chopped green olives (I use my Black & Decker Handy Chopper)
Bacon bits {we like Betty Crocker Bacos}

Combine cheese, mayo, and olives in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.  Spread on mini slices & place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with bacon bits.  Bake for 5-7 minutes at 350* {or until golden brown & cheese melts}.

I remember helping bake tray after tray of these at my grandma's house when we were growing up.  My sister & I carry on the tradition with our families.  The best part?  Delicious and super easy!   One batch makes enough for several nights of Christmas appetizers.  My mouth is already watering...I. Can. Not. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment