Shutterfly

Monday, February 6, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - week of February 5

 Last week was crazy busy with Dan away for two days for work in Atlanta and two days and an evening of parent-teacher conferences {same two days he was gone}.  It made for some interesting changes in our schedule, eating out a night, leftovers a night, and pizza delivery another.  What can I say?  I was in survival mode.  My weekly menu plan was not on my mind.  Everything I had planned for stayed in the freezer.  And guess what?  I don't have one ounce of guilt, because we survived, and that was my main goal.  And also because I'd like to think I made up for it by spending a fun weekend with my family.  Saturday was filled with a soccer game and homemade microwave popcorn {thanks to the Frugal Flamingo}. I am, however, laden with guilt for not making it to church on Sunday {the sermon was on Amazing Grace, and I am so sad we missed it - I will catch it online, but it will not be the same}.  We had big plans to go to the early service because we had tickets to the Hershey Bears vs. Wilkes Barre Penguins hockey game.  I miscalculated our time and fell sleep after I fed Joel at 7, instead of getting up and ahead of the game {literally} by picking church clothes out, preparing food for the Super Bowl, and packing for the hockey game.  It was a fun family day that we needed, and I am thankful for the time we had together.  We stopped for a quick lunch at Red Robin on our way to the game, and then came home to some really good snacks for our little Super Bowl party.  There are so many recipes on Pinterest that I want to try, but I stuck with our tried & true boneless wings {my uncle's recipe - I will try to post it soon} & baked potato bar {broccoli, cheese, sliced green olives,  bacon, butter & sour cream}.  I did make bloomin' pizza bread from Pinterest, but I wasn't really impressed.  At first I didn't have enough cheese on it, so I added more and baked it longer...but it still wasn't my favorite.  We topped it off with our favorite peanut butter pie {I'll also try to get that up one of these days}!
On the menu for the rest of the next two weeks:
Stuffed shells, tossed salad & Texas toast
Beef stew over noodles tossed in olive oil & parsley and biscuits
Broccoli-cheese soup with French bread
Meatloaf with mashed potatoes & corn
Sloppy joes w/ homemade mac & cheese {didn't get to this last week}
Baked ham slice with fried potatoes and a veggie {didn't get to this one either}
Stromboli with tossed salad
Breakfast for dinner
Soup & subs
Baked chicken tossed in olive oil, bread crumbs, and paprika with mashed potatoes, cornbread stuffing & gravy


What's on your menu this week?  Share at Menu Plan Monday :)

2 comments:

  1. don't EVER be laden with guilt girl. you do an AMAZING job doing what you do...I seriously don't understand how you do it.

    and though mark and i make going to church a priority it is necessary sometimes to just chill and have time as a family. it sounds like your week was so busy and that it was important this sunday to share that together:)

    ReplyDelete