Shutterfly

Friday, August 5, 2011

Pizza Dip Recipe

~ Find other recipes and link your favorite at (in)courage. ~ 
Pizza Dip
8 oz. brick of cream cheese
½ c. sour cream
1 tsp. oregano or basil
⅛ tsp. red pepper flakes
½ c. pizza sauce (I use a whole jar of Ragu)
¼ c. chopped red or green pepper
½ c. chopped pepperoni
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

Blend first four ingredients with electric mixer.  Spread mixture into a quiche dish.  Pour pizza sauce over mixture.  Spread red or green pepper and pepperoni over sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top (Sometimes I put some pepperoni slices & shake some extra basil & red pepper flakes on top).  Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes or until everything is melted together.  Stir dip & serve with tortilla chips.
Instead of a quiche dish, I layer all ingredients in my mini crock pot on low for a couple of hours & stir when the cheeses melt – so quick, easy & yummy!

This is a family favorite & I'm always asked to make it for our gatherings.   In fact, I'm making it for a family reunion this weekend.  It's also a great appetizer or Super Bowl party snack.

1 comment: