Shutterfly

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where were you?

Where were you when the world stopped turnin' on that September day?

I was student teaching in kindergarten at a small elementary school in Williamsport.  We were in the computer lab with our kids.  My co-op teacher's son stopped by on his way to school after a dentist appointment and told us to get to a tv right away.  He proceeded to tell us what was going on...that was just after the first plane hit the twin towers.   We would later learn of three more "hits" on our country.  It wasn't long before parents started coming in droves to pick up their children.  One family had friends in NYC, and I can still see the relief on their faces the following day when they told us their friends were okay.  I was five months pregnant with Daniel, and remember feeling helpless and just needing to get home to Dan, call my mom, and be with family.
This song brings it all back...I still get goosebumps just thinking about that horrific day. God Bless America. 

1 comment:

  1. I was teaching third grade and write about that day on my blog. Though we lived in Columbia, SC there were parents who picked up their kids too, some I think because Fort Jackson is in Columbia and there was concern about other attacks.
    Thanks for sharing.

    http://drawingthelinesomewhere.com/remembering-911/

    ReplyDelete