Shutterfly

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

blessed - part 2

So, last week I wrote about my word for 2012 {blessed}.  Later that same evening as I was putting away a box of note cards I got for Christmas, I ran across Whispers of Promise, {a book of daily encouraging thoughts for women}. I received it as a gift a while back {to be honest, I'm not even sure where it came from...so if it's you, my apologies}.  I do know that I always intended to read it & the cover is so pretty that I stumbled onto another copy & bought it for my mother-in-law a couple Christmases ago.  Anyway, if you're still with me...I opened to a random page & read:
Delight in his presence - 
"Count your blessings" is a popular phrase I've never related to very well.  The moment I try to list all God has done for me, I realize I can hardly cover everything adequately.  So instead of detailing every benefit God provides, I'll thank him for a few big ones and spend time basking in his love.  As I look closely into my Lord's face, I can't help but delight in his presence.
If you've been reading for a while, or you know me IRL, you know I'm not a big believer in coincidences; I'm one to think there is always a plan. No matter how small.  So when I found this book five hours after I posted about how blessed I am, I couldn't help but know there was a plan {I'm still not sure what it is, but I know there is}.  I have a stack of pretty journals on my desk.  Pretty, blank journals, that is.  It all goes back to my love of documenting life's precious {and not so precious} moments by journaling & taking pictures.  As a young girl, I think I got a brand new diary for Christmas five years in a row {because I asked for one}...I'd be gung-ho on New Year's Day, but by mid-February, my entries were slim to none.  But...since my word of the year is blessed, I decided to take a quick minute before I climb into bed each night and jot at least one thing that blessed me that day {in a pretty little journal my mom gave me for Christmas one year - oddly enough, it was hiding under Whispers of Promise, so I only find it fitting.
There is more to this story, and I hope to share {along with a special giveaway} soon!  Stay tuned...and be blessed :)


Disclosure:  I am not being compensated for this post - just sharing my thoughts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment