Shutterfly

Monday, January 23, 2012

Menu Plan Monday ~ Jan. 23-Feb.4

I had slight anxiety as I planned meals for the next two weeks, because they are filled with evening activities and commitments that make me just want to pull the covers over my head until Friday rolls back around.  Daniel has Envirothon on Mondays after school until 4:30 - this forces me to work late, so I get lots done... but I hate that Joel is at the sitter an hour longer than normal.  I have a dinner meeting on Tuesday for my student teacher {I'm actually excited about this, but don't like the fact that I won't be home with the kids and Dan until after 8 - which leaves him to prepare dinner - but I know he can handle it & am so thankful that he's so willing to work from home that day so he can take over :)}  Wednesday is our kindergarten parent night; so I have to rush home, pick up the kids, grab a quick dinner, and head back to school- kids in tow.   So...the first three meals of the week are up in the air.  I think I'll be in survival mode; we will be eating leftovers, quick sandwiches, and Kraft mac & cheese.

Now that we have that out of the way {because I know you wanted to know}, here is our menu for the next two weeks {January 23-February 4}:

* Baked veggie potpie {chicken potpie without the chicken} over white rice
* Sloppy joes with homemade mac & cheese {I think I'll try this one from Pinterest}
* Spaghetti with meat sauce, three-cheese Texas toast & tossed salads
* Oven baked chicken breasts {tossed in olive oil, paprika, salt, pepper & Italian bread crumbs - I took this idea from my grandma...it tastes sooooo good, almost like fried chicken, but it's much healthier}, baked potatoes & steamed broccoli
* Baked potato soup & biscuits {I plan to used leftover baked potatoes}
* Stromboli w/ tossed salad {I use frozen bread dough - we stuff them with pepperoni, cheese, ham, sliced green olives, green peppers, bacon, jalapenos, and broccoli}
* Taco bar {tortillas, seasoned ground beef, lettuce, salsa, Mexican cheese blend, sliced green olives, salsa, sour cream, seasoned rice}
* Baked pineapple & ham slice w/ fried potatoes & corn {we didn't get to this one last week}
 *Soup & sandwiches {ham, pepperoni, cheese on fresh deli rolls and either canned or boxed soup}
* Breakfast for dinner {any variation of bacon, eggs, hash browns, toast, pancakes}
Breakfast pizza {I made this for Daniel's birthday for the first time, and we loved it - so easy & equally delicious- it quickly got thrown into our favorite menu list!}

What are you serving up this week? Go to Organizing Junkie to share!

2 comments:

  1. While reading your post regarding working late it reminded me of when our son was little. I look back now and am amazed that I was able to manage it all.
    Now that he's 19 years old, I'm a housewife now and enjoying a much more relaxed schedule.
    Enjoy this time with them. They grow up so fast.
    Your menu sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! While the days seem long & hectic sometimes, I wouldn't trade it for the world :)

      Delete