Shutterfly

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Christmas Card Tension

If you're like me, you stress over Christmas cards every year.  I try my best to pick the perfect outfits, gather wonderful props, and take just the right shot.  This hasn't been a real challenge for the past several years, because Daniel usually cooperates for "the Christmas card photo shoot" {even though he's not a fan of having his picture taken}.  I like to take the pictures early and order my cards so I can cross something off my holiday to-do list before Thanksgiving.  With the snow that came to Pennsylvania the last weekend in October,  I had the perfect opportunity to get some great winter shots, but time passed & the snow melted long before I grabbed the kids and the camera.  So...I waited for a sunny {yet cold} November afternoon, gathered jingle bells, pine cones, and wreathes, and headed out back.  Joel was in all his glory, smiling and giggling like there was no tomorrow...this was going to be a breeze.  Or was it?  Daniel was in horrible mood, and wouldn't cooperate after the first couple shots {rolled eyes, stuck tongue out, you know...things 9-year-old boys do during "the Christmas card photo shoot"} so I got mad, grabbed Joel, and came back inside.  So...if we're friends on Facebook, and you notice that Joel is in every. single. picture...and Daniel is not...that is the reason.  I popped the SD card into my computer, and was pleasantly surprised at some of the great moments I was able to capture, even though my oldest boy was a total mess!  I saw their smiling faces & realized that Christmas is so much more than the perfect Christmas card.  I need to stop sweating the small stuff & live each day to its fullest.  Stressing over the perfect Christmas card is ridiculous...especially when you can take advantage of great deals like these...
RiteAid is offering 15 FREE 4x8 photo cards - Code: FREECARDS and 25 FREE 4x6 prints - Code: FREEPRINTS.  Choose "in-store pickup" and get your whole order absolutely FREE!
VistaPrint is offering 20 customized holiday cards for $1.99.  Go to www.vistaprint.com/snowman12. 
With shipping, my order came to $6.40.
The Mom Creative has a great SeeHere promotion going on right now!  25 FREE 4x8 photo cards.  With shipping, I paid $3.19. Go to The Mom Creative and click on her link to get the code.
4x8v Photo Card at SeeHere
My grand total for 60 Christmas cards was...$9.59.  That's something I certainly don't need to stress about! 
Disclosure: I am not being compensated by any of the above photo printing sites...just sharing what I love  with you. :)

3 comments:

  1. What a deal... and oh my, what beautiful little Grandsons you have given us :) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great deals! I'll be having a contest on my blog (hopefully later this week) for 25 free cards from Shutterfly! Keep your eyes peeled! (I'll post it to FB!)

    ReplyDelete