Shutterfly

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ten months!

We're only two months away from Joel's first birthday.  Party prep is in full swing {cue I'm crazy and I know it in the background}.  I can't believe he's almost a year old, but so excited to celebrate his first year of life.  He brings so much joy to our family, and I can't imagine life without him in it!!

This month, Joel weighed in at 22.75 lbs and measured 28 1/4 in.  He did so good at his 9 month well visit.  We had a scare, but everything is fine...Thank God!!!

Joel is on the move...all the time!  And let me be the first to tell you...he moves fast!  He loves crawling all over the house and pulling himself up to his toy box, coffee table, couch, and anything else he thinks might be interesting. 
Two more teeth have made their appearance this month.  I think he may also be going through some separation anxiety.  He screams when I put him down sometimes and some days/nights absolutely refuses to nap or go to sleep for the night.  There were a couple times last weekend where he squalled every time Dan went out of sight, and he wouldn't come to me.  Definitely not my proudest mommy moment.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't shed a couple tears as he screamed for his daddy to come to his "rescue."  But...I know it's just a phase, and we're back to being buddies again :)

Joel hasn't been feeling the best these past few days.  The flu is sweeping through our family for the second time in two weeks.   His appetite isn't quite up to par, so we're trying to keep him hydrated with electrolytes.  The only thing he'll eat is yogurt, some formula, and puffs...but we are glad he has an interest in those few thing.  And, while he's been sick, he is still in good spirits with that toothy grin :)

New foods this month: goldfish crackers {I was paranoid because they seem so big, but he was fussing for some when Daniel & I were eating them, so I caved in.... he chews them up like nobody's business}, teething biscuits {not a huge fan of those either, but he loves them}!  I am trying really hard to get him to drink from a sippy cup and like it, but so far he's not convinced.  We took Daniel's bottle {except the one at bedtime} when he turned one, but I'm not so sure that will be the case with this guy.

He still loves books - looking at them and being read to.  His teeth are changing his looks...he is starting to look more like a toddler than a baby, and that makes me sad.  His favorite toys this month are his musical gears and wooden busy beads.  He still LOVES to play with his big brother {mostly with his little football} and looks for him when he's not around :)

Happy 10 months, Joel...We love you!
Joel's newest game...peek-a-boo behind the curtains in the dining room :)

3 comments:

  1. Joel brings a smile to my face with every thought of him! Such a happy little boy... Happy 9 months 'Joelsie'.... We love you! Gee & Pappy

    ReplyDelete